Sink your teeth into a slice of pure bliss with our delightful gluten free carrot cake recipe. Packed with the wholesome goodness of carrots and a perfect blend of warm spices, this cake is a heavenly treat for your taste buds. Whether you follow a gluten-free lifestyle or simply appreciate a scrumptious cake, this recipe is sure to impress. So, let’s gather our ingredients, roll up our sleeves, and embark on a delightful baking adventure!
To create this delectable gluten-free carrot cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream cheese frosting (for decoration)
To bring this delightful cake to life, you will need the following tools:
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking pans
- Cooling rack
- Icing spatula
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two round baking pans.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the granulated sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in the grated carrots, crushed pineapple, and chopped walnuts (if desired) until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter equally between the prepared baking pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Place the pans in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cakes have cooled, carefully remove them from the pans and place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a generous amount of cream cheese frosting over the top.
- Place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with cream cheese frosting. Decorate as desired.
The preparation time for this gluten-free carrot cake is approximately 20 minutes. However, the baking and cooling process will take an additional 1 hour and 10 minutes. So, set aside some time to savor the baking experience and enjoy the delicious results.
This delightful gluten-free carrot cake serves approximately 12 people. However, feel free to adjust the portion sizes based on your preferences and the occasion. It’s a versatile cake that can be enjoyed at family gatherings, birthdays, or simply as a sweet treat to indulge in.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
RECOMMENDED READING: Strawberry Cake Recipe
Indulge in the heavenly flavors of our gluten-free carrot cake—a true delight for your taste buds. The combination of sweet carrots, warm spices, and tangy cream cheese frosting creates a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
Whether you follow a gluten-free lifestyle or simply appreciate a delicious cake, this recipe is a winner.
So, gather your ingredients, bake with love, and enjoy every moist and flavorful bite of this scrumptious treat!
Can I use regular flour instead of gluten-free flour in this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute regular flour for gluten-free flour if you don’t have any dietary restrictions. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste of the cake may differ slightly.
Can I omit the chopped walnuts from the recipe?
The chopped walnuts add a nice crunch to the cake, but if you have nut allergies or simply prefer a nut-free version, you can omit them without compromising the overall taste and texture.
Can I make this carrot cake ahead of time?
This carrot cake can be made in advance. Once baked and cooled, you can store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Just make sure to frost it right before serving to maintain the freshness.
Can I freeze this carrot cake?
You can freeze this carrot cake for later enjoyment. Simply wrap the cooled, unfrosted cake tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw the cake in the refrigerator overnight and then frost it before serving.
Can I use a different frosting instead of cream cheese frosting?
While cream cheese frosting pairs wonderfully with carrot cake, you can experiment with other frostings if you prefer. Vanilla buttercream, whipped cream, or even a lightly sweetened mascarpone cheese frosting can be delightful alternatives.
If you enjoyed reading this article about best gluten free carrot cake then Click here to subscribe for FREE Cake Decorating Email Course