Angel food cake is a classic dessert that many people enjoy. However, not all cake pans are created equal. If you want to make the best angel food cake possible, you need to start with the right pan. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best angel food cake pans on the market and help you choose the perfect one for your baking needs.
We’ll also give you some tips on how to use an angel food pan and share some tricks for making the perfect cake.
What to Consider When Choosing an Angel Food Pan
There are a few things you should consider when choosing an angel food pan:
- Material: You can make angel food cake pans from a variety of materials, such as aluminum, non-stick, and silicone. Each material has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to choose one that fits your needs.
- Size: Angel food cake pans come in a variety of sizes, from 9 inches to 10 inches in diameter. Make sure to choose a size that will fit in your oven and that will provide you with the right amount of cake for your needs.
- Shape: The pans for angel food cake come in two types: straight-sided or angled. Angled pans are more traditional, but straight-sided pans can be easier to work with.
- Durability: Look for a pan that is durable and will last for many uses.
Types of Angel Food Cake Pans
There are several types of angel food cake pans on the market:
- Traditional Angel Food Cake Pans: These pans are straight-sided and come in a variety of materials, including aluminum and non-stick.
- Bundt Angel Food Cake Pans: These pans have a tube in the center and are shaped like a bundt cake pan. They can be made from a variety of materials and are great for making decorative cakes.
- Silicone Angel Food Cake Pans: The manufacturer made these pans from silicone and designed them to be flexible, which facilitates the easy removal of the cake from the pans.. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Top 5 Angel Food Cake Pans
Here are the top 5 angel food cake pans on the market:
1. Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Angel Food Pan
This pan is made from aluminum and has a non-stick coating. It’s 10 inches in diameter and has angled sides, which makes it great for making traditional angel food cakes. The pan is also dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning up a breeze.
2. Wilton Angel Food Tube Cake Pan
This pan is also 10 inches in diameter and has straight sides. The manufacturer made it from aluminum and applied a non-stick coating for easy release. The tube in the center ensures that the cake bakes evenly and the pan also has handles for easy transport.
3. Chicago Metallic Professional 2-Piece Angel Food Pan
This 2-piece pan is made from heavy-duty aluminized steel and has straight sides. It’s 9.5 inches in diameter and has a non-stick coating for easy release. The pan is also dishwasher safe and comes with a lifetime warranty.
4. Fat Daddio’s Angel Food Cake Pan
The manufacturer used anodized aluminum to make this pan and gave it a non-reactive surface. It’s 10 inches in diameter and has straight sides, which makes it great for making decorative cakes. The pan is also easy to clean and has a lifetime warranty.
5. USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Angel Food Cake Pan
The manufacturer produced this pan from aluminized steel and coated it with a non-stick material. It’s 10 inches in diameter and has straight sides. The pan is also durable and easy to clean, and comes with a lifetime warranty.
How to Use an Angel Food Pan
Using an angel food pan is easy, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the pan is clean and dry before using it.
- Do not grease the pan. Angel food cakes rely on the egg whites to rise, so any grease or oil can interfere with the rising process.
- Fill the pan with the cake batter, making sure not to overfill it.
- Smooth out the batter and tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake the cake according to the recipe instructions.
- After the cake is finished baking, turn the pan upside down onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool down completely before taking the cake out of the pan.
Tips for Making the Perfect Angel Food Cake
Here are some tips for making the perfect angel food cake:
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Sift the flour and sugar together to ensure a light and fluffy cake.
- Whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg whites gently to avoid deflating the batter.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at the correct temperature and time.
- Invert the pan onto a cooling rack immediately after removing it from the oven to prevent the cake from collapsing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a bundt pan to make an angel food cake?
Yes, you can use a bundt pan to make an angel food cake. However, make sure to use a pan with a tube in the center and to not grease the pan.
Can I use a silicone angel food cake pan?
Yes, you can use a silicone angel food pan. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for greasing and baking.
Can I make an angel food cake without a tube pan?
No, an angel cake needs a tube pan to allow for even baking and rising.
Can I freeze an angel food cake?
Yes, you can freeze an angel food cake. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then foil before placing it in the freezer.
Can I make an angel food cake without cream of tartar?
You can substitute lemon juice or white vinegar for cream of tartar, which is used to stabilize the egg whites.
Choosing the right angel food pan is essential for making the perfect cake. Make sure to consider the material, size, and features of the pan before making a purchase. Remember to follow the tips for making the perfect angel food cake and enjoy a light and fluffy dessert.
If you’re in the market for a new angel food cake pan, consider one of the options we’ve listed above. Each pan has its own unique features and benefits, so choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
If you enjoyed reading about the best angel food cake pan then Click here to subscribe for FREE Cake Decorating Email Course